Why choose KOLD-DRAFT
Whether you are purchasing a commercial ice machine for the restaurant, hotel, school/institution, or cruise line industry, we have the right commercial ice machine for you. Our knowledgeable sales team is here to answer any questions you may have and offer their expertise in helping you determine which ice machine is the best fit for you.
Our Commercial Ice Machines vs. Competitors
We encourage any foodservice equipment distributor, service agent, foodservice consultant, and most important, any potential customer to compare our commercial ice machines to competitors in the market. We are so confident we manufacture the best commercial ice machine in the world that we want you to see for yourself. Visit our product comparison page to experience the KOLD-DRAFT® Advantage. Or to check out one of our commercial ice machines in person, contact a sales rep today.
- KOLD-DRAFT ice machines have a longer product life cycle, lasting two or three times longer than competitive machines when properly maintained. Cubers lasting 15, 20, or even 30 years are not uncommon. Our competitors’ machines just do not last this long. Try to find a 30-year-old ice machine that isn’t a KOLD-DRAFT! This makes KOLD-DRAFT the least expensive commercial ice machine— it’s the “best value cuber.”
- Solid Ice: Every cube is the same. No deep depressions or odd shapes.
- Pure Ice: Our ice, almost as pure as distilled water, melts more slowly. Will not distort the taste of any drink. KOLD-DRAFT ice breaks up easily into individual cubes, is easily bagged and handled.
- Harder Ice: Solid, pure, colder ice is harder and lasts longer in storage bins, cocktail sinks, drinks, salad bars, bags, and coolers, and also on cold plates. Less meltage and even shapes help to maintain carbonation in soft drinks. Less meltage reduces drink dilution.
Other Distinctive Features
- All evaporators are tin-plated copper for excellent heat transfer and corrosion resistance.
- 100% gravity assist drop of ice—horizontal evaporator vs. slant fin.
- Rapid harvests reduce the amount of ice meltage during harvest and allow for minimal webs between cubes, which eliminates “waffle ice.”
- No odd-shaped cubes (irregular rhomboid, contour, crescent, etc.). Easier to handle, higher displacement, beverage does not splash out of the glass, makes a better-looking drink. Good ice is a merchandising tool that helps to sell more drinks.
- No inconsistent freezing in evaporator cells because water is forcibly injected into the cells.
- Water level control determines the freeze/harvest cycles. A KOLD-DRAFT ice maker takes on a measured amount of water, and when it reaches the low water point, most of the water has been turned into ice and the machine harvests. No seasonal adjustments to the pressure controls or timers are necessary. The harvest of ice is determined by the transition of water into ice. When the water is depleted, the ice is harvested.
KOLD-DRAFT Stacks Best
- Only 16″ high—can stack four or five cubers to the competitors’ two in the same amount of headroom.
- Rugged frame won’t buckle. Skins are not part of the support structure.
- Can mix models in a stack: old style, new style, different series, and crusher.
Commonality of Parts
- Most KOLD-DRAFT commercial ice machine parts are interchangeable between models.
- Reduces parts inventory in warehouse and trucks—lowers inventory costs.
- KOLD-DRAFT is easier to service.
- New KOLD-DRAFT cubers are compatible (stackable) with new and old KOLD-DRAFT cubers, crushers, dispensers, and bins.
Skin Panels Are Easily Replaceable for Refurbishing
- The KOLD-DRAFT commercial ice machine frame provides structural stability that provides great durability and longevity.
- Commonly serviced ice machine parts are completely accessible from the front of the unit for ease of service and maintenance.